Trouble with schoolwork? Having trouble getting or keeping a job? Feeling frustrated with your lack of career options? Need someone to talk to?
youthOPPORTUNITIES is a community-based program in Ashtabula County that offers participants year-round access to a wide variety of services depending on their personal needs. Our focus is placed on youth who either need help to successfully continue in school and graduate or who need assistance completing their high-school equivalency (GED) while getting and keeping a job and becoming more self-sufficient.
What do we offer?
- After-school programs focusing on academic tutoring, pre-employment and life skills instruction
- After-school career-exploration and work internships for youth making career decisions and learning about the world of work
- Summer work internships and special programs designed to complement the participants interests
- Alternate education programs for youth that have not completed high school or achieved their GED
- Intensive career exploration, work preparation and work experience programs for youth that need guidance and skills to successfully get and hold a job
- Work Search Assistance providing support one-on-one situations for individuals with specific needs
- Transportation and other support services are available to assist participants in meeting their educational and employment goals
- Other special programs or services can also be developed to meet individual needs
yO! and YOU!
yO! Accelerated Career Education
The Accelerated Career Education (ACE) program is part of the A-Tech yO! program and is designed to meet the needs of young people aged 16-21 who are “out of school”. You might qualify if you are a school drop-out or even a high school graduate who is having difficulty finding or keeping a job. We can assist you in these and other areas:
- Intensive Education Track: Official Ohio High School Equivalency Diploma (GED) preparation
- Career Exploration
- Paid Work Experience
- Basic Education
- Occupational Skills Training
- Workplace Survival Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Supported Intensive Work Search
- Life Skills
- Support Services like transportation, child-care and counseling
- 12-month Follow-up Services
Want to see how we might be able to help you make a better future for yourself? Call 440-994-1234 or 1-800-935-0242 and ask for youthOPPORTUNITIES.
youthOPPORTUNITIES is a program of the A-Tech provided under a WIA contract with the Geauga, Ashtabula, Portage Partnership (GAPP) Inc. Job Source
2247 Lake Avenue
Ashtabula, OH 44004
(440) 994-1234 / 1-800-935-0242